VIMTO Mango Falooda

Sunday, July 16, 2017

These days I am spending less time on the blog and more time on other activities that involve tidying up, tidying up and more tidying up and some cooking here and there. I do share my breakfast or lunch quick fix on Instagram so follow me there to get my updates and easy recipes and Ragee's shenanigans. This VIMTO Mango Falooda was also shared on Instagram Stories on a Friday afternoon post a heavy brunch. A lot of you messaged me with an awed face at my VIMTO craze. 😊 I have combined the VIMTO ice cream recipe along with the falooda recipe because I want it VIMTO all the way up! 😋

VIMTO Mango Falooda

Towards the end of Ramadan, I was too happy too quick when I could wear some of the clothes that had stopped fitting me. Just a week post-Eid, I had to pack them back away LOL. Unlike last year, this year I have been able to maintain the weight despite the deep fried food every day. Alhamdulillah. This week, I have slowly started to workout at home - and currently with two sore thighs. 😝

Btw, the tall glasses are from IKEA, the tray and the spoons from a local store.

VIMTO Mango Falooda

Alrighty, this falooda is something I came up with whatever I had in the fridge and I am so glad it turned out so much like a real falooda. If you do not have VIMTO, you can just replace it with Rose syrup, Rooh Afza, vanilla essence, etc. I did not have falooda sev, so used the normal vermicelli and used chia seeds instead of Khus Khus. I have used fresh mango, chopped finely, you can choose to use mango pulp too.

VIMTO ICE CREAM

I had made a VIMTO flavoured no-churn ice cream so used that in this Falooda. The berry fruit cordial, the mango, the pomegranate, and the crushed pistachios with the soft VIMTO ice cream - all complimented each other superbly. You can add more nuts and fruits and make it richer. Use a tall glass and ensure all ingredients are cold. Assemble and serve immediately!

VIMTO Mango Falooda


This Mango Falooda recipe serves two tall glass and the quantity can be doubled to make more. You can make the ice cream a day ahead or feel free to use store bought ice cream and just drizzle some VIMTO over it for the flavour. 

VIMTO Mango Falooda with VIMTO Ice Cream

INGREDIENTS

FOR VIMTO No-churn ICE CREAM - 4 scoops (Make a DAY AHEAD)

1/2 cup whipping cream (very cold)
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoon VIMTO ( or any flavoured essence like Vanilla, banana etc that pairs well with Mango)

FOR MANGO FALOODA ( Divided for two tall glass) 

2 tablespoons VIMTO
2 tablespoons Chia seeds, soaked in a cup of water for 20 minutes and strained off (you can use basil seeds)
1/4 cup cooked vermicelli  (you can use falooda sev) cooked as per packet instruction
1 ripe mango (Badami), chopped very very finely
1/4 cup cold milk
2 to 3 scoops of VIMTO ice cream
2 tablespoons pomegranate (optional)
2 tablespoons roasted and crushed Pistachios

METHOD

TO PREPARE ICE CREAM 

  1. In a bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and VIMTO until combined and keep refrigerated 
  2. In another bowl add the cold whipping cream and use the electric mixer to beat on medium high speed until stiff peaks form. For about 4 to 5 minutes. 
  3. Fold the whipped cream into the VIMTO mixture constantly folding until everything is combined.
  4. Transfer the mixture into a freezer box and freeze for 4 to 5 hours or overnight

TO PREPARE MANGO FALOODA 

Add the following items in the same order into each serving glass and repeat until you reach top and finish with the scoop of ice cream and nuts 
  1. Start with a tablespoon of VIMTO into each serving glass
  2. Add a teaspoon of chia seeds or basil seeds 
  3. 3 teaspoons of cooked vermicelli or sev
  4. 2 tablespoon mango and a few pomegranate 
  5. 1 tablespoon milk 
  6. 1 tablespoon of ice cream
  7. a dash of VIMTO and repeat the same until you reach the top of the glass or until ingredients last 
  8. Top with one or two scoops of VIMTO Ice cream, chopped pistachios, dash of VIMTO 
  9. Serve immediately 
VIMTO Mango Falooda

It is 15 days since I made this and posting the images here is making me want them again. If you are VIMTO fan, then do check out my VIMTO Tiramisu recipe. 

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my foodgawker gallery