Pine Nuts No-Churn Ice Cream | Just Two Scoops

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A homemade ice cream without ice cream maker flavoured with pine nuts was a sweet success trial. It happened when I wanted to use up the whipping cream carton and the last bit of condensed milk in the can. To be honest, the first time I heard about and tasted pine nuts was after coming to Yanbu. I think it came to light in my quest to know what was stuffed in my baklava.

Pine Nuts No-Churn Ice Cream | Just Two Scoops

I picked a pack of pine nuts without even doing the math (riyals in rupees):-P F forbids me from doing that...but we expat ladies do quick mental calculation anyways right? Well, that was three years ago and I used them up in various middle eastern dishes like Fetteh, Egyptian Feteer Meshaltet, samosas, kabsa, etc but never tried making baklava as I reserved that for the only reason we visit Saadeddin. 

Another time, I picked another pack of pine nuts with the hope to make Musakhan, a Palestinian chicken dish and this time I was fully aware that we were paying through the nose for a small pack of pine nuts so - it cannot be wasted or not used!

I love the very different aromatic taste that roasted pine nuts give out in both sweet and savoury dishes. As F had approved the pine nuts stuffing in Feteer, I wanted to try a similar thing with ice cream and I am glad I gave this a try as it was a super hit. 

This recipe of just two scoops of ice cream reminds me how far I have come in making the right amount of food for two that is not over-indulging.  If you see the recipe for my first no-churn ice cream using Blackberry in this blog, I had used one whole cup of whipping cream and we had all of it. Now I know how I gained all that body weight! :-d

Pine Nuts No-Churn Ice Cream | Just Two Scoops

So here is my easy homemade ice cream with just three ingredients that I am sharing for this month's Fantastical Food Fight event which is all about Ice Creams.

Pine Nuts No-Churn Ice Cream | Just Two Scoops | Three Ingredients

INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup whipping cream + 1 tablespoon
2 to 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon ground pine nuts (roasted and then ground)
Chocolate syrup to garnish (optional)

METHOD

  1. In a bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and ground pine nuts until combined and keep refrigerated 
  2. In another bowl add the cold whipping cream and use the electric mixer to beat on medium high speed until stiff peaks form. For about 4 to 5 minutes. 
  3. Fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk pine nuts mixture constantly folding until everything is combined.
  4. Transfer the mixture into a freezer box and freeze for 4 to 5 hours or overnight
  5. Remove from freezer and let it be on counter for 2 minutes and use an ice cream scooper or a spoon dipped in warm water to scoop
  6. Serve immediately with drizzle of chocolate syrup
Pine Nuts No-Churn Ice Cream | Just Two Scoops

An InLinkz Link-up

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my foodgawker gallery