Vimto Eggless Tiramisu

Saturday, June 24, 2017

VIMTO. You either love it or hate it.



But this Ramadan, I have come to enjoy this drink like never before, so much that we are on our second bottle of VIMTO. I can't pinpoint a moment which defined my transition from hater to lover, but like F said, it is an acquired taste and I am now VIMTOed

Vimto Eggless Tiramisu

If you are new to VIMTO, it is a fruit cordial made with berries and sugar. It smells and tastes like the tonic we used to have as kids and hence many dislikes even before tasting. 

Most of you on my Instagram would have seen this Tiramisu shared in my stories. I made this VIMTO Tiramisu for our fourth wedding anniversary. The days before the actual date, I had so many ideas whirling in my head but this Tiramisu was not one of them!  ๐Ÿ˜ This happened because that day my cooking gas got over and I was left with no choice but to make a no-bake dessert. #problemsoflivinginYanbu

Anniversaries are milestones that deserve a celebration don't you agree? Three years ago I landed in Yanbu on a warm Saturday of June with a heart full of excitement because I made it here in time for our First Wedding Anniversary. The feelings weren't mutual and my first anniversary ended like just another day! ๐Ÿ˜‘So, like a cat, I got accustomed to the territory of Mr F's "it is not a big deal" air. I kinda got convinced but there is a part of me that still gets excited when the date nears. So this year, like a true foodie and a food blogger, and of course a loving and caring housewife (goes without saying right?), I made his favourite cream cheese based dessert (way to make him participate in the self-initiated celebration) 


Vimto Eggless Tiramisu

I garnished the Tiramisu earlier because I wanted to shoot in natural daylight. But I think I overdid the cocoa layer and so a little messy. Thankfully, the heart came out perfect. We scooped a little for iftar and saved the rest for later only to have all of it for Suhoor. ๐Ÿ˜œ 



Vimto Eggless Tiramisu

Eggless Tiramisu is the EASIEST dessert that you can make ahead in any quantity. This VIMTO Tiramisu reminded me of Black Forest cake, maybe because of the flavours in it. So if you are VIMTO hater, but have a bottle because you live in Gulf,:-P try making this for a change and you may love it. 

Keeping with the spirit of Weightloss journey, I made a very small portion of Tiramisu. This one has just one layer and hardly 5 to 6 ladyfingers and sits on a small pie pan which is of 6.5" diameter and 1.5" deep. 

Vimto Eggless Tiramisu

VIMTO Eggless Tiramisu

Yields 4 servings. shared by two

INGREDIENTS

Mascarpone Cheese Substitute:
100 gm Puck Cream Cheese Soft
2 tablespoon whipping cream
1 tablespoon labneh
1 tablespoon sugar

Whipped Cream:

3 tablespoons Whipping Cream (cold)
2 and 1/2 tablespoon icing sugar /powdered sugar/confectioners' sugar
a dash of VIMTO

VIMTO Ladyfingers layer:

~5 to 6 ladyfingers
Approx 1/3 cup VIMTO

Garnish:
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Stencil to decorate (optional)

DIRECTION

Make the Mascarpone Cheese Substitute
  1. Prepare the mascarpone imposter by carefully mixing all the ingredients in a bowl ensuring not to overdo the mixing  and keep refrigerated 
  2. In another bowl, add the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form. Approximately 3 to 4 minutes. 
  3. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone cheese mixture and keep refrigerated. 
VIMTO Ladyfingers Layer:
  1. Keep your pan ready to assemble the ladyfingers. I used a mini pie pan. 
  2. Pour enough VIMTO in another shallow pan
  3. Quickly and lightly dip each ladyfinger into the VIMTO, one at a time, and arrange it to cover the base of the tiramisu pan completely. You can break one finger into smaller pieces to cover the gaps. 
  4. Spread the cream filling to cover the entire cookie layer. 
  5. Chill for 4 to 8 hours. 
Garnish before serving:
  1. Mix the garnish ingredients 
  2. Dust the cocoa mixture using a sieve all over the top 
  3. Optionally, you can make your own stencil with a paper by cutting random designs. Place it over the pan and sieve the cocoa mixture to make a beautiful pattern. 

Vimto Eggless Tiramisu

Following this Tiramisu, I made VIMTO Chocolate Eggless Cake and VIMTO Ice Cream! InshaAllah, I will post the recipe when time permits. 

Eid is around and everyone is discussing the outfit and menu of that day. We will be having a quiet one this year as this is our first Eid in Yanbu home with Ragee! 

Until then, here is Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Eid. 

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my foodgawker gallery