Green Grapes Salad | Three Ways

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Today's recipes are all about Green Grapes salads. Yeah! I was serious when I had said we are going on Salad way.  Grapes come is a few different varieties and F loves to snack on the green seedless tiny ones. What about you? I hate those gigantic ones! When these are in season (which is now!) they appear in the supermarket's imported aisle. F picked a whole bag of grapes and I was hunting for salad greens and picked a bunch of lettuce. He gave me the look "you really want that?" knowing how little insects freak me out! I know, you are shellshocked that this is my first time with Lettuce. :-P. While unpacking, I noticed we have a lot of grapes! How much can we keep popping?? That is how these salads were born for three consecutive days.

and about the lettuce - I shall spare the grossness (is that even a word?) :-P

Green Grapes Salad | Three Ways


I made these salads almost a month ago; 18th, 19th and 20th of October 2016 to be precise. :-P and has been in the drafts ever since. I am hoping to push out all the recipes waiting to be published and come back post vacation with renewed love for food and blog. InshaAllah.

Salads are always best with fresh ingredients. As green grapes tend to get fermented, it is best to consume within 5 days of purchase if stored properly. I read that it should be stored without washing, but I always soak and rinse with salted water and then store in a bowl in the fridge. So as an when we open the fridge, we can reach out and pop a few. :-P

I loved all three of them! Read on and let me know which one is your favourite!

Green Grapes Salad | Three Ways

Green Grapes Labneh Salad #1 

This one, I prepared for my lunch and kept it to cool but forgot to eat - yeah! I know! happens to me. Later in the evening, I remembered by when it was too late to have it, so clicked a picture before it got dark and served for dinner. 
 Green Grapes Labneh Salad

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup green grapes
1 small cucumber, skin peeled roughly and chopped
1 red plum - pitted and chopped
1 to 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
fistful of chopped lettuce
2 to 3 tablespoons Labneh
1/2 teaspoon of brown or raw sugar
Sprinkle of brown sugar crystals or raw sugar to garnish
a dash of salt

Green Grapes Shallots and Peanuts Salad #2

Green Grapes Shallots and Peanuts Salad

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup green grapes
3 to 4 shallots, chopped
A fistful of chopped lettuce
2 tablespoons of roasted peanuts
a dash of jalapeno sauce

Green Grapes Fig and Walnut Salad #3

This one looks the best but lasted for two days because it was made on a Thursday - I bet you know what happens in my kitchen on Thursday evenings. So this one bowl lasted for two days and I had to finish it off and is my personal favourite - fig and almond!

Green Grapes Fig and Walnut Salad

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup of green grapes
4 semi dried figs, soaked overnight and chopped
2 tablespoons of pomegranate arils
A fistful of roasted walnuts
A fistful of chopped lettuce
Salt and pepper for taste

Direction: 

It is best to have the ingredients chilled or ready before mixing the salad. Mix the ingredients in a bowl and serve cold!

This is how I used up the grapes and lettuce that cannot be stored too long. So, which one is your favourite?

Keeping up with Salads! :-P

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my photos on tastespotting
my foodgawker gallery