Raspberry Cream Cheese Parfait

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

How often do you cook a meal for just you? As a stay-at-home wife, I rarely cook lunch for myself because I hate to eat alone, especially during weekdays. Oh! I just realized now why I always open a youtube video and eat! :-D I have sumptuous breakfast and then follow with some short meals every 2 to 3 hours that is usually fruits or nuts or some days even chips and cookies! and in some rare occasions I make this kinda dessert - Raspberry Cream Cheese Parfait! And this, my dear friends, I do not mind having alone! ;-p

Raspberry Cream Cheese Parfait

I made this quickly with very little raspberry l had for lunch time. As it is getting hotter even with the AC on, I was craving for something really cold. Usually a quick smoothie would have sufficed but when you just did a 30 minute workout, it is a pleasure to whip up a whole cup of cold creamy goodness all for yourself!

Raspberry Cream Cheese Parfait

I was in a crafty mood trying to make some flowers with tissue paper LOL! Though intentionally placed, the result is more like it photobombed my subject! :-D

This is a quick recipe because I have used the Almarai Cream Cheese Spread instead of the cream cheese cubes.

Yields - 1 cup 

Raspberry Cream Cheese Parfait

INGREDIENTS

Raspberry sauce 

1/2 cup raspberry
1 tablespoon sugar  (add more for more sweetness)
2 tablespoon water 
lemon zest a pinch

Cream Cheese Mix

3 tablespoon cream cheese spread
4 tablespoon thick yoghurt 
4 teaspoon sugar 
1 to 2 teaspoon lemon juice 

1/2 cup crushed biscuits (graham crackers, digestive, marie, oreo, etc),
a few teaspoons of milk or melted butter to just moisten the crushed biscuits

METHOD

  1. Prepare the berry sauce by adding all the ingredients in a sauce pan and cooking it until it all breaks down to a thick sauce 
  2. Prepare the cream cheese mix by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl with a fork 
  3. Start layering the parfait any way you desire but start with the biscuit mix and end with cream cheese and berry sauce on top! 
  4. Eat right away or refrigerate until needed
  5. Dig in and relish the layered cheat version of cheese cake!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Parfait

The addition of yoghurt along with cream cheese spread makes it a little healthy snack, right? of course yes!  :-P Look at that layers! Yum!

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my foodgawker gallery