Mixed Fruit Smoothie - A Meal Hack!

Friday, May 06, 2016

Is it just me? When I see some posts on FB about Friday meal, Weekend Meal, I wonder how do they manage to put up a meal, that too rich and indulgent food when all I want to do is NOT COOK! Even though I blog more about food, and no doubt I do enjoy cooking but somehow cooking takes a back seat when it is a weekend!  I guess it is because I make elaborate dinner all week, so by weekend I am exhausted and either want to eat clean (don't laugh) or make something to just please the tummy.

With the onset of Summer, along with my usual weekend meal hacks (hehehehe!) I have introduced Smoothies that will sustain us until the next meal time by when I could talk myself into cooking something or anything at all!  :-D

Smoothies - Today I am sharing a Mixed Fruit Smoothie which is a result of cleaning my stock in the fridge over weekend. I had all kinds of berries that I usually add to overnight oats and had kept saving some of them to try some new dessert. But lazy I am, thought it is best to finish it off in a smoothie. So guess you must have figured by now that I served this mixed fruit smoothie for lunch on a Saturday! Yeah!

Mixed Fruit Smoothie


Yields: 4.5 cups 

Mixed Fruit Smoothie 

INGREDIENTS:

16 blueberries
5 strawberries
2 bananas, peeled and chunked
1 apple, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
1 tablespoon quick oats
Sugar / honey for taste
1 cup cold milk
4 full tablespoon yoghurt
4 ice cubes

METHOD:

  1. Add everything into the blender and blend until smooth
  2. Serve immediately 
Note: You can use frozen berries and fruits too. If you plan to make smoothies often, you can make smoothie freezer packs and that will just help you save time and give a real cold smoothie! 


Mixed Fruit Smoothie

This is my first cold drink post and picture. I kinda struggled to click them with phone and then the actual colour was not getting captured because of the harsh afternoon sun... have tried my best to make it look appealing as it was in real. As I used up all fruits I had, missed having some whole fruits as props! Learning... !  

Making this mixed fruit smoothie was quick and finishing it off was much quicker! After I made this, I made more smoothies over the weekend with vegetables and oranges and now, F figured my sneaky meal hack! :-(

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my foodgawker gallery