Banana Blackberry Home-made No-churn Ice Cream

Friday, May 13, 2016

Never let your hubby watch MasterChef Australia with you. The man of few words have began to give me feedback on what I serve on the table that too with Gary's and Matt's words - negative ones like this is overpowering that.. some elements missing...  :-) LOL! Whatever, I am glad he enjoys the show with me and then we laugh out loud as he cannot come up with any more words! Like for today's recipe, Banana Blackberry Home-made No-churn Ice Cream I forgot to add chopped nuts that would have been awesome option, but missed it. some elements missing..

Banana Blackberry Home-made No-churn Ice Cream

How many of you have seen that One Ingredient Ice Cream video? A week before I made this, I chopped couple of bananas and packed into the freezer to make that which was showing up too many times on my feed. Then I forgot. Totally. That is how my freezer is.. what goes in it is forgotten! A box of blackberries that I kept saving to make muffins was not destined for it either. When it came down to the choice of muffins or smoothies, he chose smoothies, but I went a level up and decided to make the ice cream!

While sorting the blackberries to grind, I remembered the frozen banana!! Sheesh, should have made that instead! I knew if not today, I am going to forget them again. So off went the frozen banana chunks along with the blackberry in the grinder! Now it takes a wee bit more time as its frozen bananas. When I tasted the mixture, it was YUM but it left a slight bitter after taste. But that is normal and don't need to increase sugar or condensed milk, just splash some cardamom powder and you are good to go.

Yields: 4 to 6 scoops? I don't remember!

Banana Blackberry Home-made Ice-cream 

INGREDIENTS:

16 black berries 
2 frozen banana
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk 
3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped 
a dash vanilla essence 
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder

METHOD: 

  1. Add the frozen bananas into a food processor or grinder and grind until smooth and no lumps. Tip in the blackberries half way through the grinding process. 
  2. Transfer the content into a deep bowl and add in the condensed milk and mix well 
  3. Fold in the whipped cream continuously and gently until everything is incorporated 
  4. Pour them into freezer box and freeze overnight or up to 6 hours 
  5. If possible, after three hours take out the container and just whisk once again with a fork and leave it back in the freezer ( I did this step as an experiment and it gave me better texture)
  6. Scoop and serve the Banana Blackberry Home-made No-churn Ice Cream  with some walnuts - clearly missing that element in my servings! 
Banana Blackberry Home-made No-churn Ice Cream

Now, this can be made with any berries combination as banana goes with.. all? everything? And if not a fan of cardamom (I hate you) then add some cinnamon or I think even mint goes well.. anything that can layer flavours to get past that light after-taste. Or if you are aware of any other techniques please do drop in your ideas in the comment box! :-D

Have a fantastic WEEKEND! 

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my photos on tastespotting
my foodgawker gallery