No-Bake Strawberry Cheese Cake For Two

Saturday, February 13, 2016

You guys! I have crossed 50 recipes on my this blog and this post happens to be the 99th! Woohooo! I am so glad I was able to make it this far, and have to thank all of you for encouraging me. So calls for a sweet note.. If you have made my Strawberry Coulis, then lets get to making this easy portion controlled cheese cake. If you have avoided cheese cakes because you dislike cheese, then I would strongly recommend to give it one chance and let that be the best! I too never was a cheese person, spread or cubes or slices... more of butter person. All thanks to F and his love for cheese in anything.. there is always enough stock of cheese which is not helping me :-(. But I being Manager, Controller, and Chef of my kitchen, try to cut him some slack whenever possible.. because I ain't cooking much on weekends :-)

So coming to cheese cakes, it is again fairly new to me because I was never a dessert lover but when you are married to a family who are all so sweet toothed it soon became a habit to end every meal with a sweet note. When I came to Yanbu, I always resorted to Betty Crocker's mix until I started serious cooking and saw plenty of cheese cake recipes all over the Internet with tips and tricks.

My spring-form pan was too big for two and so when I make a cheese cake in it, it turns out very thin which doesn't appeal to us.. we eat through our eyes and then the nose right? :-P I tried making cheese cake shots from scratch and it was received well but I was not too happy with it as it missed the fruity topping. So now that I have the strawberry coulis, it is going to be a complete cheese cake. :-P

No-Bake Strawberry Cheese Cake For Two

The pie pan I have used here is of 6.5" diameter and 1.5" deep. I have no clue about sharing the measurements, I have used the inch tape to find this. But I hope this gives you an idea of the size I used. Else, you can just use two shot glasses and divide the contents into each with a strawberry slice on the rim.

No-Bake Strawberry Cheese Cake For Two

Also, if you noticed, I do not mention the time taken for making a dish, because I never do from start to finish in one go. :-( However, making this cheese cake with strawberry coulis is jiffy.

No-Bake Strawberry Cheese Cake For Two

INGREDIENTS:

6 to 8 Chocolate Graham crackers OR Oreo, digestive, any biscuits of your choice
1 and 1/2 teaspoon sugar
5 tablespoons melted butter
6 cubes of cream cheese in room temperature
3 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
2 to 3 tablespoons of Strawberry coulis/sauce
Fresh strawberry to garnish - optional

METHOD:
  1. Put graham crackers in a  zip-lock or plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin to fine crumbs.
  2. Pour crumbs into a bowl and stir in sugar. 
  3. Add butter and stir until well combined.
  4. Press the crumb mixture into a pie plate/pan ensuring to to spread the mixture up to 1 inch up the side. Use a flat bottomed cup or back of the spoon to press the crust flat.
  5. Chill this crust in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
  6. Meanwhile, make the filling: In a bowl, add the cream cheese cubes and with hand electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat it until smooth. 
  7. Beat in the condensed milk until everything is combined into a smooth mixture
  8. Pour the filling into the crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. 
  9. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 3 to 4 hours
  10. Before serving, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the prepared strawberry coulis
  11. Dig into the cream cheese rich cheese cake and enjoy a romantic dessert
No-Bake Strawberry Cheese Cake For Two

I realized that both F and I have an amazing appetite when I got to know my fellow blogger's portion of cooking for five. So I seriously have to cut down lot more and that is the reason I made this tiny pie pan no-bake cheese cake. You can use any biscuits for the crust, I saw a pack of graham crackers here in Yanbu (that is strange!) and so used that. But I think next time I will go for oreo or digestive biscuits. Also, it is very important that you bring the cream cheese cubes to room temperature before working on it. Even without the strawberry coulis, you can still make this cheese cake and just spread your choice of fruit jam.

Happy Weekend! I am still contemplating what to share as my 100th post!

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my photos on tastespotting
my foodgawker gallery