No-Bake Berry Yoghurt with Salted Biscuits Crust

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Contrary to what I thought, it was actually easy for me to stay away from the blog for almost a week! and surprisingly it has not affected my stats at all! Though I landed back here on wed morning, I took all day yesterday to catch up with fellow bloggers wonderful posts to just ensure I still have it in me :-) I see that smoothies and fruit juices are making appearance indicating winter is fading away... now is that a good news?

I am lazy to write up a detailed posts of a complicated dish.. so here is a simple easy dessert that can be had guilt free just to break the silence in the blog. Inspired from cheese cakes, I put together this dessert with whatever I had in my pantry on one of the weekends. I served as is to F and I was totally surprised when he relished the first bite.. and he asked me, "Did you click pictures of this?". I hadn't as it is not a special treat.. but he said it is so much like a cheese .... before he finished his sentence.. I grabbed the pan and clicked couple of pictures.. that is why you see a piece missing :-D

So, as the name suggests, the crust is made with biscuits and butter and filled with yoghurt that is flavoured with a choice of berry jam and some gelatin to make it firm. Chilled for 5 to 8 hours and you have a dessert ready! I have used salted biscuit called Taib that we get in KSA... I am not sure of other ME countries.. I have used Raspberry jam, you can use any of your choice.


No-Bake Berry Yoghurt with Salted Biscuits Crust

No-Bake Berry Yoghurt with Salted Biscuits Crust


2 to 4 servings because I believe F and I equals to 4! 

INGREDIENTS

8 to 10 crushed salted biscuits (I used TAIB)
3 to 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1 cup full fat yoghurt
5 tablespoons raspberry jam
1 teaspoon gelatin
2 teaspoon water

METHOD:
  1. Put the biscuits in a plastic pouch or zip lock bag and crush them with rolling pin
  2. Mix ground biscuits and melted butter in a pie dish until well combined
  3. Press the mixture onto the bottom and the sides of pie dish and freeze it while you make the filling
  4. Whisk yoghurt and jam in a medium bowl
  5. Melt the gelatin in a bowl with water for 5 minutes or warm it by microwaving for 10 seconds  and stir to dissolve.
  6. Add gelatin mix into yoghurt mixture and whisk gently
  7. Pour the filling into the chilled crust
  8. Cover and chill until filling is set, at least 5 hours or overnight.

No-Bake Berry Yoghurt with Salted Biscuits Crust

The sweet, tangy, and salty blend will remind you of cheese cakes!

Tell me what other flavours you would like to try this with.. 

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my photos on tastespotting
my foodgawker gallery