The Bounty Pudding

Sunday, December 06, 2015

An update to my last post, it is official. I have my washing machine up and running! Actually I have forgotten how much I had awaited for this day. Now it doesn't seem as important as it was when I badly needed it. That is the truth of life too, we get adjusted to workarounds so much that there is always a way without what we want... I am thankful though, now I will have more time to experiment cooking! :-) So, that makes my weekend a happy one which actually deserves a celebration... and this time we ended the weekend with one bowl of Hot brownie ice cream with two scoops of different chocolate flavoured ice creams from Baskin Robbins.. and for you friends, I have this Bounty pudding that I had made and shared on instagram a few weeks ago.

This is exclusively for the chocolate lovers out there and if you like the Bounty chocolate, then you should give this a try. Well if you aren't I am not your friend.  :-D It is important that you use a good quality cooking chocolate and dessicated coconut for the best taste.


My little brother-in-law (N) in the above picture made this for my last birthday knowing how much I love bounty chocolates. We made it again I think sometime in Ramadan and it was a hit. Back then, we used fresh grated coconut but I would recommend dessicated coconut for a firmer pudding.  It is really heavy dessert and should be had only if there is no important work post that.. because you will be lounging after having this..



I have to mention that Jessy, a family friend is the original author of this recipe and she was more than willing to share it with exact measurement. I so love her for that. muah! So in my version, I used Weinrich's 32%  cocoa cooking chocolates and chocolate flavoured Oreo cookie. So moving to the recipe...

You will need: 

200 grams of Cooking Chocolate ( a good quality, I)
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 can (200 grams) of sweetened condensed milk (increase or reduce as per your taste)
2 cups of dessicated coconut
10 to 15 Oreo cookies crushed
2 cups whipped cream
1/2 cup of chopped almonds

Instructions: 

Between each layer, add a layer of crushed Oreo cookies and few chopped nuts  

For the First Layer:

  1. Heat pan
  2. Add dessicated coconut and sauté for a couple of minutes
  3. Add the condensed milk 
  4. Add some nuts
  5. Combine well and remove from flame
  6. Move the contents to the pudding tray and level it with the back of the spoon

For the Second Layer:

  1. Double boil the chocolate along with milk until it melts
  2. Let it cool completely
  3. Once cooled, pour this on the first layer

For the Third Layer

  1. Prepare the whipping cream as per packet instructions
  2. Fold in the crushed Oreo cookies ( do not over mix, just fold in) 
  3. Spread this on the chocolate layer
  4. Garnish with extra crushed Oreo biscuits
  5. Cling wrap the pudding tray
  6. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to set
  7. Serve Chilled
Between each layer, add a layer of crushed Oreo cookies and few chopped nuts! 



Like us, take to the bed and scoop directly from the bowl and relish it to satiate the chocolate lover in you..

I know, the pictures does not do any justice to the pudding.. but this is all I could gather.. hopefully I will update when I make one for the blog! :-)

Have a great start of the week Middle East! and rest of the world; relax and recharge for the coming week! Praying for Chennai and hoping it comes to normalcy sooner.

You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my foodgawker gallery