How to Stock Fresh Green Leaves for Longer PeriodMonday, December 21, 2015
I am sure many of us would have faced this or still facing.. fresh greens getting bad too soon and so we end up using more than required or they go into the trash. I hate to throw away even curry leaves that used to be available free at home. I learnt to keep these fresh for long by experimenting for a few months during my first stay in Yanbu. As it is just F and me, I had to find some way to retain them fresh for long. The main reason being, they don't sell small quantity. A bunch of coriander is what I need that will last for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
- If the leaves come with roots, cut the roots off
- Remove any bad leaves, like yellowed ones, wet and decaying ones etc.
- Place a kitchen tissue inside the container
- Wrap the leaves in another tissue and keep it in the box
- Place another kitchen tissue on top
- Close it and leave it on the second or third rack of the fridge
- When you take it out to use, if you find the top tissue is wet, then replace it before you put it back.