Liebster Award | Part 1

Friday, April 03, 2015

Yanbu to Kerala - The journey was filled with excitement to meet family, in-laws, friends, cousins, and shopping. I believed that I could continue to blog as there is so much happening in India unlike Yanbu. But I never had the time to think on what to post or even look at my blog stats. F was with me for a few weeks and he flew back to resume work.


Unlike what most of them think about time moving faster and that we have already reached the end of a quarter of 2015... I personally feel that time is at its slowest. I feel I have spent weeks when it is actually just 2 days... I am just counting my days before I can rejoin F. 

After I quit a decade long career, this is the first time I feel joblessness and so it was very easy to develop the afternoon siesta routine which I never did while in Yanbu. Now it happens effortlessly. I try to keep my eyes open lest I fall asleep, yet the weather is so dry and house so quiet that there is a conflict between my eyes and brain... to sleep or not to sleep... and only to hear the constant knocking of the door calling for me ... waking up to realize I had slept through for more than an hour.

The funniest thing is I fall asleep reading Fifty Shades Freed!

Today's post is all about the award....

Laura from lovedbylaura has nominated me for the Liebster Award and what more reason to start blogging again! Thank you Laura. Its more than two months now and I thought it is an easy task, just answer a few questions and share 10 new blogs. I was WRONG! I have been holding off posting this due to the lack of the new upcoming blogs list! I just am not able to locate even one with less than 200 followers! 



The idea behind this award is to help us all to get to know each other better and discover brilliant new
up and coming blogs in the process. The rules are simple:



    • Link back to the person who nominated you.
    • Answer the questions your nominator has given. 
    • Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers 
    • Create your own set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer. 
    • Notify your nominees!


            Here are Laura's questions for me:


            What item of clothing can't you live without?
            That should be my pair of jeans and a scarf. 

            Cats or dogs?
            Meow!

            What did you want to be when you grew up?
            Hmmm...grew up wanting to be a teacher, destiny has something else for me.. 

            How did you get into blogging?
            After moving to Yanbu, I had plenty of time and no much work, so to keep myself occupied in my own space... 

            What are the 3 most important things you look for in a blog?
            Inspiring stories, balanced ratio of texts and pictures, and identity. I know some bloggers choose to keep it anonymous, I always prefer for the real face.

            What last made you laugh out loud?
            A few days ago my BIL (brother-in-law) got his board game Monopoly while doing this massive cleaning. We then played continuously for two days ... taking a break for meals and sleep. Laughed out loud when we both went bankrupt!

            What actor/actress would play you in the movie of your life?
            Huh! Too many!

            If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
            Everywhere! I love to see new places, and there is lots to see in India. So for now, I would love to be at the snow clad hills up above! 

            What is your favourite quote?
            "the very essence of romance is uncertainty - Oscar Wilde
            "You're never going to win big if you only look to minimize your losses." - Harvey Spectar (Suits) 

            Do you have a bucket list? If so share something from it?
            Nope, I never made a list list but yes there are a few things I would make a note to do. One of them is to travel to Istanbul. 

            If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?
            Patience Pays

            11 new blogs and 11 new questions will show up in Part II. Hopefully. 

            If any of you readers fall under less than 200 followers or know anyone please do drop in a comment.

            You'll Also Love These

            1 Thoughts

            1. Lovely to read more about you. I wouldn't worry too much about the 200 followers nomination - I know I struggled too, just share some blogs that you love maybe instead! xx
              www.lovedbylaura.com

              ReplyDelete

            Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

            Gallery

            my photos on tastespotting
            my foodgawker gallery