A Sad News with a Reminder

Sunday, January 11, 2015

I had something else planned for today's post, but I received a bad news last night from back home. My cousin's wife passed away Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi Raji'un (Truly to Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return). I  don't know her too personally nor her kids, but she is family and so we get updated about the treatments that she was undergoing for blood cancer. Today she is no longer with us. I am sad and helpless as we live away from India. She is probably a few years elder to me or just my age. Well there is no age for death, it can happen to anyone. Yet we move on after a few days of mourning.. and only the closest family will live with the grief forever. 

This kind of news makes me feel so homesick. Some days I feel I should live close to all my family members so that I can always see them and be happy about it. But that is not feasible. We cannot just lock our loved ones and lock ourselves in the fear of losing them. We ought to live a life and for many like us that can mean being away from family to earn a living. May Allah bless all those family members who took care of her till her last breath.

Should we fear death? It is a reminder. A reminder to look into our lives and deeds. It is an opportunity to mend our ways and prepare for the Day. 

"It is He who gives life, and causes death, and to Him you shall return" Qur'an 10:56


You'll Also Love These

0 Thoughts

Share your thoughts, I would love to know more..

Gallery

my foodgawker gallery